- Formerly fought as a sumo wrestler under the name Takamishu, and compiled a 57-27-14 career record before retiring in 1989.
- Reached the sumo wrestling rank of makushita 2, and was a stable mate of professional wrestler Akebono Taro.
- Became a mixed martial arts fighter under the name Teila Tuli, and eventually became the first official Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter.
- Fought in the inaugural Ultimate Fighting Championship event, now known as UFC 1, where he lost to Gerard Gordeau after a kick to the face.
- Crashed the auditions for Forgetting Sarah Marshall, eventually winning a supporting role in the film.
- Youngaisa Wily — Daughter
- Tula Wily — Wife
- Halona Wily — Son
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's How to Win* an Ultimate Live TV and Streaming Bundle
- 2. Here's How Dwight Crossed Over to Fear the Walking Dead
- 3. Big Little Lies Recap: Madeline's Other Secret Just Caught Up to Her
- 4. The Descendants 3 Trailer Is Here, and It's Better Than Expected
- 5. The Trouble With Todd
- 6. Lena Headey Says She Was 'Gutted' by Cersei's Lame Death on Game of Thrones
- 7. Every Major Grand Hotel Character, Ranked From Shady to Shady