- Was the first choice to play Jill Munroe on Charlie's Angels, but the role ultimately went to Farrah Fawcett.
- Author of two autobiographies: Keeping Secrets (1988) and After the Fall: How I Picked Myself Up, Dusted Myself Off, and Started All Over Again (1998). Also published a tome of poetry called Touch Me: The Poems of Suzanne Somers (1980) and a number of self-help books.
- Won two People's Choice Awards for Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Series for Three's Company in 1977 and Step by Step in 1991.
- Founded the Suzanne Somers Institute for the Effects of Addictions on Families in 1990.
- Has performed as a member of the USO.
- Made her Broadway debut in the 2005 one-woman show The Blonde in the Thunderbird, which was based on her autobiographies.
- Spokeswoman for the ThighMaster.
- 1979, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1992, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Series: Winner
- 1978, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Program: Winner
- Leslie Hamel — Stepdaughter
- Maureen Gilmartin — Sister
- Stephen Hamel — Stepson
- Bruce Somers — Ex-husband
- Bruce Somers Jr. — Son
- Marion Mahoney — Mother
- Frank Mahoney — Father
- Alan Hamel — Husband
- Danny Mahoney — Brother
- Attended San Francisco College for Women, San Francisco, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Psych: The Movie Sequel: Everything to Know About Lassie Come Home
- 2. Here's Everything We Know About Manifest Season 2
- 3. Timothy Omundson Opens Up About Returning for Psych Movie Sequel Following Stroke
- 4. Did Mr. Robot Predict These News Stories?
- 5. Here's How Prodigal Son Makes Those Grisly Crime Scenes Look So Realistic
- 6. Every Classic Disney Movie That Will Be Available on Disney+
- 7. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3 Trailer Teases a Gilmore Girls Reunion