- Though he considers himself a "California kid," was actually born in Ohio, moving with his family to Whittier, Cal. at six months of age.
- First "taste" of the food business was as a 10-year-old, when he began selling pretzels from a three-wheeled bicycle cart called "The Awesome Pretzel," which he built with his father.
- Known for his vibrant and spicy dishes. Surprisingly, his parents raised him on a relatively bland macrobiotic diet, frequently featuring bulgur and steamed fish.
- Opened his first restaurant, Johnny Garlic's, in 1996 with his partner, Steve Gruber.
- Won Food Network's second season of Next Food Network Star in 2006.
- Traveled to the Persian Gulf in 2007 as a guest of the U.S. Navy to entertain and cook for the troops.
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Structured Reality Program: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Structured Reality Program: Nominee
- 2015, Emmy — Outstanding Structured Reality Program: Nominee
- 2017, Emmy — Outstanding Structured Reality Program: Nominee
- Penelope Ferry — Mother
- James Ferry — Father
- Lori Fieri — Wife
- Ryder Fieri — Son
- Hunter Fieri — Son
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (BS in Hospitality Management, 1990)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Is YOU on Netflix?
- 2. Is The Society on Netflix?
- 3. Big Brother Alum Kaitlyn Herman Weighs in on the Season 21 Cast
- 4. Queer Eye Is Renewed for Seasons 4 and 5, Can You Believe?!
- 5. The Bachelor in Paradise Season 6 Cast Is Here
- 6. Grey's Anatomy's Camilla Luddington Explains How Jo's Depression Affected Jolex
- 7. Here Are the 2019 MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners