- Dropped out of the Royal Academy of Music a few weeks prior to taking the final exam.
- Formed a duo called Stocking Tops with future opera singer Joy Dey in the early 1970s.
- Met guitarist Dave Stewart while working as a waitress. His first words to her were, "Will you marry me?"; they subsequently moved in together, but never married.
- Joined Stewart's band Catch, which soon morphed into the Tourists, with whom she released three albums.
- Along with Stewart, parted from the Tourists in 1980 and formed Eurythmics, scoring five Top 20 hits over the next decade, including the No. 1 smash "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)."
- Made her solo debut in 1992 with the multi-platinum Diva, featuring the hits "Walking on Broken Glass" and "Why."
- Ranked No. 93 on Rolling Stone magazine's Top 100 Singers of All Time list.
- Left foot is permanently numb due to a 2008 spinal surgery to repair an impinged nerve.
- Released her first holiday album, Christmas Cornucopia, in 2010.
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Winner
- 2003, Oscar — Best Achievement in Music (Original Song): Winner
- 1995, Grammy — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1986, Grammy — Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1992, Grammy — Best Music Video - Long Form: Winner
- 2004, Grammy — Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media: Winner
- Tali Lennox — Daughter
- Radha Raman — Ex-husband
- Mitch Besser — Husband
- Tom Lennox — Father
- Dave Stewart — Ex-significant Other
- Lola Lennox — Daughter
- Dorothy Lennox — Mother
- Uri Fruchtmann — Ex-husband
- Attended Royal Academy of Music, London, England
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Stream Your Favorite Scary Movies This Halloween
- 2. 3 Theories on How Tricia Helfer's Charlotte Is Returning for Lucifer Season 5
- 3. All the Netflix Christmas Movies and Specials Coming This Holiday Season
- 4. Grease Spin-Off Series Rydell High Coming to HBO Max
- 5. Queer Latinx TV Characters Helped Me See Myself When I Needed It Most
- 6. Los Espookys Doesn't Explain Latinx Culture to a White Audience, and It's Better for It
- 7. Jennifer Aniston Joins Instagram with the Friends Reunion Selfie We Needed