Country singer Claude King passed away at the age of 90, The Associated Press reports. He was best known for the 1962 hit "Wolverton Mountain," which told the story of Clifton Clowers, who protected his daughter from potential suitors.Louisiana Hayride, the same Saturday night show where Elvis Presley also got his start."Claude was a legend in the Louisiana music industry, one of the greatest songwriters, and a wonderful friend," said Maggie Warwick, owner of the Louisiana Hayride trademark and the production company, Louisiana Hayride Co. "He had a gift for melody and lyrics that was very definable. The range and melody and the feeling that goes with his songs, when you hear it, it's very unique and identifiable with Claude King. He had a personal style that was all his own."
- 1. The Week in Superlatives: Best Verbal Smackdown, Show Within a Show, and the Most Fun Extortion Story
- 2. Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week: 13 Reasons Why, Dave Chappelle
- 3. Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford to Exit DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- 4. Ballers to End After Season 5
- 5. Literally Nothing Can Stop Us From Watching This Suits Pilot Special
- 6. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Review: Puppets Are Still Cool
- 7. Watch Kirsten Dunst Struggle to Tell Which Florida News Stories Are Real or Fake