Country singer Claude King passed away at the age of 90, The Associated Press reports. He was best known for the 1962 hit "Wolverton Mountain," which told the story of Clifton Clowers, who protected his daughter from potential suitors.Louisiana Hayride, the same Saturday night show where Elvis Presley also got his start."Claude was a legend in the Louisiana music industry, one of the greatest songwriters, and a wonderful friend," said Maggie Warwick, owner of the Louisiana Hayride trademark and the production company, Louisiana Hayride Co. "He had a gift for melody and lyrics that was very definable. The range and melody and the feeling that goes with his songs, when you hear it, it's very unique and identifiable with Claude King. He had a personal style that was all his own."
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Add To WatchlistEdit WatchlistWatchlist Watchlist Singer, Actor Watchlist
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. One Chicago Is Losing Jon Seda and Two More Actors
- 2. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 3. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 4. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 5. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 6. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 7. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far