- Wrote his first play, I Know I've Been Changed, to deal with issues from his childhood.
- Created the character Madea for the 2000 play I Can Do Bad All by Myself.
- Published his first book, Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea's Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life, in April 2006.
- Established the Tyler Perry Foundation to help economically disadvantaged people overcome adversity by achieving a better quality of life.
- Topped Forbes' list of the Highest-Paid Men in Entertainment in 2011, earning $130 million between May 2010 and May 2011.
- 2017, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Humanitarian: Winner
- Emmitt Perry — Father
- Maxine Perry — Mother
- Aman Tyler Perry — Son
- Gelila Bekele — Significant Other
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Krysten Ritter's El Camino Cameo 'Shocked' Aaron Paul
- 2. Here's Why Walter White's Cameo on El Camino Was So Important for the Breaking Bad Movie
- 3. Stranger Things Star David Harbour Brought the Upside Down to Saturday Night Live
- 4. Why El Camino Spent So Much Time Exploring Jesse's Captivity
- 5. Living With Yourself Review: Come for Two Paul Rudds, Stay for Two Paul Rudds
- 6. Oscar-Nominated Actor Robert Forster Dies at 78
- 7. Aaron Paul Reveals the Story Behind El Camino's Sole 'Yeah, Bitch!'