With pretty, girl-next-door looks and a sweet smile, this small-screen actress inspired countless boyhood crushes as John Stamos's main squeeze on the family sitcom Full House. A child model and former teen soap star, Loughlin appeared in a number of TV-movies before she landed a six-episode stint on Full House, but her character proved so popular, she ended up staying for eight seasons. During her tenure, she continued to star in myriad Lifetime-type telepics, invariably playing plucky young women who overcome adversity and abuse. Although none of her subsequent series recaptured her seminal success—not even the WB drama Summerland, which she created and produced as a showcase for her talents—Loughlin remained a familiar TV face, with guest spots on numerous series and a lead in the CW spin-off 90210.
- Started modeling at age 11.
- Turned down the lead in 1980's The Blue Lagoon, which went to Brooke Shields.
- Appeared in the soap The Edge of Night from 1980 to 1983; and made her movie debut in 1983's Amityville 3-D.
- Took on another maternal role, as the transplanted Midwest mom of two teens enrolled in West Beverly High in the CW spin-off 90210.
- Michael Burns — Ex-husband
- Bella Loughlin — Daughter
- Olivia Jade Gianulli — Daughter
- Gianni Gianulli — Stepson
- Mossimo Gianulli — Husband
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Psych: The Movie Sequel: Everything to Know About Lassie Come Home
- 2. Here's Everything We Know About Manifest Season 2
- 3. Timothy Omundson Opens Up About Returning for Psych Movie Sequel Following Stroke
- 4. Did Mr. Robot Predict These News Stories?
- 5. Here's How Prodigal Son Makes Those Grisly Crime Scenes Look So Realistic
- 6. Every Classic Disney Movie That Will Be Available on Disney+
- 7. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3 Trailer Teases a Gilmore Girls Reunion