After this husky voiced, Brooklyn-accented beauty dropped out of school at 14, she worked a series of unglamorous jobs before finally catching a break when she landed her first acting job on an episode of the sitcom Head of the Class. Soon after, she won a recurring role as a tough-talking gal on Who's the Boss?, which led to a spin-off, Living Dolls, about a teen modeling agency. The show, unfortunately, was short-lived, as were many of Remini's subsequent sitcoms. Recurring roles on two popular shows — Saved by the Bell and a hilarious turn as the rebellious daughter of Rhea Perlman's character on Cheers — kept her in the public eye. More recognition came with a stint on NBC's Fired Up, but she didn't find true TV success until she signed on to play wisecracking wife Carrie Heffernan on the CBS sitcom The King of Queens. In 2007, the popular show ended its nine-season run and Remini moved on to other projects. In addition to appearing in and helping to produce the online series called In the Motherhood (which later became the ABC sitcom), she continued her involvement with charities such as the Police Activities League and the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project. In her downtime, she enjoys a quiet domestic life with actor/singer Angelo Pagan and their daughter Sofia.
- After dropping out of school at 14, she worked as a waitress, cashier and bill collector.
- First acting job came with a bit part in an episode of the sitcom Head of the Class.
- Played a recurring role on Cheers from 1991 to 1993 as Carla Tortelli's rebellious daughter Serafina.
- Auditioned for the role of Monica on Friends.
- Regularly contributed to the nationally syndicated Don and Mike radio show; cohost Don Geronimo appeared as a guest on her sitcom The King of Queens.
- Appeared on the VH1 series (Inside) Out twice: first in 2003 to document her marriage to Angelo Pagan and then in 2004 to capture the birth of her daughter.
- Member of the Church of Scientology.
- 2018, Emmy — Outstanding Informational Series or Special: Nominee
- 2017, Emmy — Outstanding Informational Series or Special: Winner
- 2019, Producers Guild Awards — Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television: Nominee
- Vicki Marshall — Mother
- Sofia Bella Pagan — Daughter
- Angelo Pagán — Husband
- George Remini — Father
- Nicole Remini — Sister
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Sean Spicer Addresses Dancing With the Stars Backlash
- 2. Stephan James and Hong Chau to Return for Homecoming Season 2
- 3. Bethenny Frankel Is Leaving Real Housewives, So What Even Is the Point Anymore?
- 4. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide
- 5. A Blue Bloods Alum Is Headed to Manifest Season 2 as Ben's Ex
- 6. Everything We Know About Legacies Season 2
- 7. Dancing With the Stars Host Tom Bergeron Speaks Out Against Sean Spicer Casting Decision