- Daughter of Monty Hall, the host of game show Let's Make a Deal.
- Wanted to act from age 10.
- Made her stage debut in the 1972 Los Angeles production of the musical Promises, Promises; made her Broadway debut in the 1977 Cy Coleman musical I Love My Wife.
- Won Tony, Drama Desk and Outer Critic Circle awards as the Baker's Wife in the Stephen Sondheim-James Lapine fairy tale musical Into the Woods (1987).
- Notable film roles include parts in the Woody Allen comedy-dramas Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) and Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989).
- Earned a 2005 Tony nomination for her role as Muriel in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, a part she took before it was completely written.
- 2005, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Nominee
- 1988, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- 1985, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- Monty Hall — Father
- Richard Hall — Brother
- Stephanie Sarandon — Stepdaughter
- Michael Bennahum — Ex-husband
- Paul G. Gleason — Ex-husband
- Marilyn Hall — Mother
- Alexis Sarandon — Stepson
- Aaron David Gleason — Son
- Michael Sarandon — Stepson
- Sharon Hall — Sister
- Chris Sarandon — Husband
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States; Occidental College, Los Angeles, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Sean Spicer Addresses Dancing With the Stars Backlash
- 2. Stephan James and Hong Chau to Return for Homecoming Season 2
- 3. Bethenny Frankel Is Leaving Real Housewives, So What Even Is the Point Anymore?
- 4. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide
- 5. A Blue Bloods Alum Is Headed to Manifest Season 2 as Ben's Ex
- 6. Everything We Know About Legacies Season 2
- 7. Dancing With the Stars Host Tom Bergeron Speaks Out Against Sean Spicer Casting Decision