- Became interested in acting as an English major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, when he played Bolingbroke in a production of Shakespeare's Richard II.
- Trained at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Has portrayed numerous political figures, including president of the United States on 24 (2005-2010) and a senator on Big Love (2011). These roles should come easily for him—his father served as mayor of Burlington, WI.
- 1994, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Judie Goldman — Wife
- Julia Itzin — Daughter
- Martin Itzin — Father
- William Itzin — Son
- Attended University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Marcel, the Friends Monkey, Is Still A Bigger Star than Joey Tribbiani
- 2. How Michael Kelly Was Able to Finally Say Goodbye to House of Cards' Doug Stamper
- 3. Peter Fonda, Star of Easy Rider, Dead at 79
- 4. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in September
- 5. How To Watch the 2019 Emmy Nominated Shows Without A Cable Subscription
- 6. These Are the Real-Life Murderers of Mindhunter Season 2
- 7. Silicon Valley's Final Season Now Has a Premiere Date and a Trailer