- His great-great-great-grandfather was a Confederate cavalry colonel.
- His father, also named Anson Mount, was a longtime editor at Playboy magazine; his mother, Nancy Smith, was a professional golfer.
- Robert De Niro talked him into taking the costarring role in the 2002 Britney Spears vehicle Crossroads.
- A 2004 state resolution honored him as a Distinguished Son of Dickson County and the State of Tennessee.
- Favorite living poet is Andrew Hudgins, with whom he's studied.
- Anson A. Mount III — Half Brother
- Mary Petty Mount — Grandmother
- Nancy League Smith — Mother
- Anson Adams Mount II — Father
- Elizabeth — Half Sister
- Kristin Mount — Half Sister
- The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, United States (BA in Theater Arts, 1995); Columbia University, New York, New York, United States (MFA in Theater, 1998)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Mark-Paul Gosselaar Says He Didn't Get the Invite for Saved By the Bell Revival
- 2. Willa Holland Is Returning to Arrow for Season 8
- 3. Afton Williamson Responds After The Rookie Harassment Investigation Finds No Wrongdoing
- 4. The First Trailer for Michael B. Jordan's Raising Dion Is Literal Black Boy Magic
- 5. The Boondocks Revival Coming to HBO Max
- 6. Why Women Kill Sneak Peek: Is Taylor About to Hit Her Breaking Point?
- 7. El Camino Will Feature More Breaking Bad Cameos Than You Thought