- His great-great-great-grandfather was a Confederate cavalry colonel.
- His father, also named Anson Mount, was a longtime editor at Playboy magazine; his mother, Nancy Smith, was a professional golfer.
- Robert De Niro talked him into taking the costarring role in the 2002 Britney Spears vehicle Crossroads.
- A 2004 state resolution honored him as a Distinguished Son of Dickson County and the State of Tennessee.
- Favorite living poet is Andrew Hudgins, with whom he's studied.
- Kristin Mount — Half Sister
- Anson A. Mount III — Half Brother
- Mary Petty Mount — Grandmother
- Anson Adams Mount II — Father
- Nancy League Smith — Mother
- Elizabeth — Half Sister
- The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, United States (BA in Theater Arts, 1995); Columbia University, New York, New York, United States (MFA in Theater, 1998)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Dominic Sherwood Books First Post-Shadowhunters Role in Penny Dreadful Spin-Off
- 2. Tom Holland Teamed With Stephen Colbert to Rescue Dogs Because Superheroes Are Real
- 3. How to Watch the First 2020 Democratic Debates
- 4. These Big Little Lies Stars Will Reunite for Ryan Murphy's The Prom
- 5. The Hills Fans Can't Get Over How Hot Justin Bobby Still Is
- 6. The Bachelorette Made Us Fall Even Deeper in Love With Tyler
- 7. Here's How to Watch the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup