- Began acting in junior high school, at which time she also became involved in student government.
- After graduating from Harvard with a degree in biology, decided to pursue acting and worked the night shift at a law firm in New York City in order to fund her dream.
- Was rejected from Yale University's School of Drama twice before being accepted.
- First professional acting job was in The Girl in the Freudian Slip at the Old Log Theater in Minneapolis.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1989 as Susan in The Heidi Chronicles.
- Elected Secretary Treasurer of the Screen Actors Guild in 2009.
- In 2010, played the role of Joanne in a stage production of Secrets of the Trade in New York.
- Was a speaker at the Harvard in Hollywood 2011 symposium titled The Social Impact of Art, Media, and Entertainment.
- 1995, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Drew McCoy — Husband
- Salvatore Aquino — Father
- Adele Aquino — Mother
- Harvard University, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States (BA in Biology, 1979); Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, Connecticut, United States (MFA in Acting, 1986)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Grey's Anatomy's Jesse Williams Is Headed to Power
- 2. Here's What's Leaving Netflix in November 2019
- 3. What's New on Netflix in November 2019
- 4. Dolemite Is My Name Review: Eddie Murphy Shines in One of the Year's Best Films
- 5. 100 Things We Still Can't Believe Happened on American Horror Story
- 6. The 7 Most Influential Shows of the Decade
- 7. Why We Probably Won't See Shows Like Mad Men and Breaking Bad in the Next 10 Years